jueves, 13 de octubre de 2016

How did I choose what I'm studying

When I was younger, I used to play a lot imagining me being a doctor, a teacher, a secretary but never being a veterinarian really. Despite the fact  I have always loved animals, I had never considered studying that career. What a great mistake!

When I finished secondary school, I started studying English Pedagogy becuase I loved so much that idiom and the idea of teaching made me felt a very useful person for the society. Obviously, I have thought about the possibility of studying other careers like nourishing or nursing, but it was not an economical option to take so I did'nt choose none of them. 

My first year of English Pedagogy was great and the experienece I had studying that made me thought I was in the right way, but when I started the second year of the career I got depressed. One of my friends at the university told me that her father was a veterinarian, so the idea of being a veterinarian came into my mind. In that moment I questioned myself if I was really happy studying that, so I deserted the career. With the idea of becoming a veterinarian already inserted in my mind, I took an exam last year called PSU that is made for applying to university. The results of the exam were good so the score I got was enough to enter at the university I wanted to get. 

Nowadays, I feel good about the decision I made and I'm trying to give the best of me. I hope to finish my career on time and become a good profesional. definitively, I don't see myself studying other career becuase I finally found my real vocation.

2 comentarios:

  1. Long way before you chose veterinary, but it's great yos finally found your vocation :)

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hi! Stevi, I was studied in another university but in the same career.

    ResponderBorrar